International students are considered as UK’s soft power, as they contribute in social, cultural, and intellectual ways. After the USA, The UK has been the second most popular global destination for international students. In 2021, 44,992 students were sent to the UK for their higher education. Let’s see why international students are choosing the UK for their higher studies. let’s find its why what and how.
- The UK has some of the most reputed universities. 4 of them are among the top 10, ranked by QS World University Rankings 2022.
- The higher education degrees and qualifications provided in the UK are recognized around the world by employers and academics.
- In the UK students are allowed to work for 20 hours per week, whereas they can work, full time in their holiday breaks.
- Post-study work visa in the UK allows you to live and work there for 2 years under the new Graduate visa.
- One dose does not need IELTS in order to pursue higher education in the UK. Some of the universities accept MOI (Medium of Education), which states that you studied in English medium and you should have scored 75% in English in your 10th and 12th.
- Salary for graduate fresher ranges from GBP 21,000 to GBP 30,000. which is around 25-26 lacks INR annually.
- If you choose to study in the UK you will be exposed to a multicultural community and add on to your waste experience.
After Brexit UK is experiencing a Labour shortage, thus they have revised their education policies to meet the demand. Which makes the UK a top choice in the study abroad list.
- You can do your master’s in one year. Yes, you heard that right. Masters in the UK is of 1 year, which will save you money and time.
- You can take your spouse on a dependent visa if you have a student visa. This means your spouse can earn full time while staying with you.
- You can get a scholarship from 1000 pounds to 30,000 pounds, under STEM, GREAT scholarship programs depending upon your eligibility. Check the below links for the same.
- Students can apply for bachelor’s after their 12th and, for master’s after their bachelor’s, within 6 months.
- If you have 10-15 years of gap after your bachelor’s, you can still apply for a master’s and fulfill your dream of completing your higher education. There are 121 public universities, that will grant you admission if you give a proper gap justification.
- There are two types of offer letters, Conditional and unconditional. If you have a conditional offer then you remove conditional requirements and then, gain an unconditional one.
- After gaining your unconditional offer later, you further proceed to show your finance and pay partial tuition fees(50-60%). You need to show 10,000 pounds of living expenses and the rest of your tuition fees which should be 28 days old.
- The above step has to be taken before applying for the visa.
All in all the UK is a land of opportunities for international students for their career growth.